The Nottinghamshire ASA County Championships, are an annual event, usually held in January, that brings together the county’s best swimmers for competition against each other in all recognised events.
Competitions is split into the following age groups: 10/11years, 12 years, 13 years, 14years, 15yrs and 16/over. The swimmers age is taken as at 31st December of the championship year.
Entry into the Championships is achieved by the swimmer achieving the minimum qualifying time, from 1st January of the previous year onwards, for a respective event for that age group. Swimmers must also be registered members of the Club for at least sixty days prior to the Championships.
The exact qualifying times are usually set in September; more information can be found here: Notts ASA County Championships (external site)
The 50m and 100m events all have finals. All other events are heat declared winners.
Nottingham Leander has a long history of success at the County Championships, not just in medals and victories but also the number of our swimmers who qualify.
The record and performances of our swimmers is a source of great pride to everybody connected with the Club; there’s nothing better than seeing any swimmer achieve this performance level for the first time.
If your child/children have qualifying times and they would like to enter please complete an entry form and Email it to Leander with appropriate payment.
Our preferred payment method will be BACS the details are on the form.
Please indicate on the form your payment method BACS/Cheque or Cash. Entry Times are not needed on this form as all entry times must come from the National Rankings database, if you do not have a time for an event in the national rankings database you will not be able to enter the event. Please check the full schedule document and qualifying times document for full entry criteria.
These guidelines are intended to make the processing of gala entries as straightforward as possible and we would be grateful for them being observed:
- Please take care when submitting entry forms: it is your responsibility to ensure that the information on the entry form is complete and accurate as incomplete forms cannot be processed.
- Mark the payment method - BACS (preferred), cheque or cash - clearly on the entry form where indicated.
- Please do not send postal entries requiring a signature; in the likely event that the recipient is not able to sign for the letter, the mail is returned to the sorting office and will not be collected.
- Please present hand-delivered entries containing cash or cheque in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the swimmer/s name and the event being entered.
- If hand-delivering to the coordinator's home, please post through the house letterbox and avoid ringing or knocking, especially late at night.
- Late entries cannot be accepted under any circumstance.
- Where possible, draft entry lists / programmes will be published on the Leander website. Please take the time to check your entries promptly when notified and advise of any inaccuracies immediately.
The Swim England East Midlands Regional Championships, are an annual event, usually held in April, that brings together the Region’s best swimmers for competition against each other in all recognised events.
Competitions is split into the following age groups: 11/12years, 12 years, 13 years, 14years, 15yrs, 16 and 17/over. The swimmers' age is taken as at 31st December of the championship year.
Entry into the Championships is achieved by the swimmer achieving the minimum qualifying time, from 1st September of the previous year onwards, for a respective event for that age group.
The exact qualifying times are usually set in September; more information can be found here: Swim England East Mids. Regional Championships (external site)