NLSC at Counties
With the Green Octopus providing the largest numbers of qualifiers to the Notts ASA 2019 County Championships, Nottingham Leander SC rose to the challenge of matching our quality to our quantity over the first weekend of events.
Pitted against the cream of the county, the development of our swimmers over the past twelve months really shone through with twenty-six medals (twelve gold, eight silver and six bronze) coming from seventy-four individual finalists (top eight).
The real quality though came from the number of personal bests being set across the whole group.
With a large number of debutants mixing with our experienced veterans, anybody that comes to the biggest stage in the Notts ASA calendar and goes further and faster than ever before is all that anybody can possibly ask for.
(Times have now been added for you to check on Swim Club Manager.)
Highlights (too many to mention them all) include:
- Ryan Banks capping off his dramatic twelve-months progress to reach multiple finals.
- The sheer and absolute strength in depth of our 11 year old girls.
- Luke Derivan’s coming from two body lengths down with 75M left to win the 200M Breaststroke confirming why Nova were so keen to recruit him on board.
- Oliver Sharp’s, George Cummings’, Sam Milliere’s and Evie Sibley’s debuts in the Green Octopus.
- The masterclasses put on by Rosie Dickerson, Emma Erskine, Jess Li and Rebekah Hodi.
- Grace Howes’ pitch perfect 50M Butterfly heat.
- Welcoming back our Nova-based swimmers – always great to see how far you’ve come.
The smiles and team spirit across the whole Green Octopus, looking resplendent in their new green Counties tops, set the standard once again for others to follow and thanks as always to our coaches, team managers, officials, volunteers too.
Our collective achievements should make everyone connected to our great club proud and we’re set up to go again at the second weekend starting on Saturday 2nd February.
Rebekah Hodi: 50M & 100M fly, 400M free (Gold). 200M free (Bronze)
Erno Lapis: 100M free (Silver)
Marissa Li: 50M back (Silver)
Emma Beale: 100M fly (Bronze)
George Cummings: 200M breast (Silver)
Rosie Dickerson: 50M fly, 50M back (Gold). 100M fly (Silver)
Ted Bailey: 50M breast (Silver)
Jessica Li: 50M back (Gold). 50M fly (Silver)
Connor Byron: 200M fly, 400M IM (Bronze)
Ziyenne Shanker: 200M free (Bronze)
Emma Erskine: 50M back, 400M IM (Gold). 400M free (Silver). 200M free (Bronze)
Luke Derivan 50M & 200M breast (Gold)
Josh Skinner: 100M back (Gold).
Courtney Price: 50M back (Gold)
Annie Pearson: 200M free (Silver)